Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Lesson Four

Down to the real meat of the lesson, beginning to really memorize hiragana. My text breaks it down by groups of ten(ish). I used Anki flashcards and played a hiragana matching game with the first ten kana. I also did a worksheet by hand, and filled up a sheet of paper writing each one over and over. Hopefully, muscle memory will help me remember the stroke order. I'm planning to run through the flashcards a few more times, maybe play the game, and do the worksheet once more tonight. Then I'm going to set it aside and give my mind a break.

I really want to zoom through this stuff, but I know memorization is something that takes time.

If I can do the worksheet and flashcards tomorrow without looking at my chart, then I'll move on to the next ten. Otherwise I will just keep repeating these ten until I get them down. Must remember that a house built with a poor foundation is inherently unstable. I won't build my 'language house' on sand!

Working on: あいうえおかきくけこ

No comments:

Post a Comment