Monday, February 21, 2011

Lesson Two

I spent a lot of time throughout the day yesterday working on memorizing the first five kana:
あ (a)
い (i)
う (u)
え (e)
お (o)
I think I've got them down pretty well to read/say, though I still mix up the first and last sometimes. Got to keep practicing!

The next lesson was about patterns in hiragana. Like na, ta, sa, ka, a row or na ni nu ne no column. I know, I know, I should have written that in hiragana. I haven't quite figured out how yet. So far I've just copy-pasted kana, but I will look that up after the lesson. Hopefully by tomorrow I'll have it figured out somewhat. The next part of the lesson is about exceptions to the pattern.

I'm probably just going to repeat this last lesson over a few times to get it firmly in my head. Lots of memorization to do here. I wonder if there is a Japanese hiragana song, like the ABCs.

EDIT: Found a cute alphabet song for hiragana, so I've been listening to it. It is slightly addictive. Also! こんいちわ! I can type in Japanese, so no more copy pasting the kana from my lesson. :P Of course, I don't really have much vocab yet. Back to the ABCs... or rather the あいうえおs.

No comments:

Post a Comment