Monday, February 21, 2011

Lesson Three

I know, I know, I told myself I was done for the day. This stuff is addictive though, especially when the alternative is studying for my upcoming Child Psychology exam. =P

I'm through all of the hiragana except the combo and dakuten. I was actually under the impression that I was supposed to have memorized all of the kana at this point, but apparently this chapter was mostly about pronunciation (sweet, having started memorizing, I'm ahead of the game!). The ら row is kind of hard, by the way, because I don't know if I am pronouncing it correctly. I think one of my cousin's wife is fluent in Japanese, maybe she won't mind letting me know.

Next covered was the dakuten. A dakuten kana is a hiragana with a tiny quotation mark to the right of it. Apparently, that little mark changes the sound of the hiragana. Interesting. The little mark is called a dakuten. Oooh, the は row gets two different kinds of dakuten.

Also, took a quick look at combo hiragana, and ran through all the pronunciations.りゃ and the like were still tough. I also struggled with the dzya column (having trouble making that one show up correctly now).

Onto the reading and writing tomorrow. For now, it is definitely bedtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment