Sunday, February 20, 2011

Kakkoii Nihongo Kanyougo

I've spent a lot of time attempting to learn a second language through the years. The closest I've yet come is that I'm semi-fluent in ASL (though the sentence structure still throws me sometimes, and I have a lot of vocab left to learn). Took two years of Spanish in high school, but like many people all I really remember is hola, dónde está el baño, and tacos. ;)

Out of all of the languages I've tried to learn, I just keep coming back to Japanese. I just really love the sound of it, it is a beautiful language to listen to (and look at!). Previous times, I've stopped learning before even really starting because it doesn't seem as useful as Chinese or Arabic, or I'm afraid that people will think I just want to learn it because I occasionally watch anime.

Well, forget other people and usefulness! The only way I'm going to learn another language is if I actually enjoy it (hence why I'm semi-fluent in ASL, I LOVE to watch people sign). Goshdarnit, I'm going to learn Japanese.

No comments:

Post a Comment